Summary: Responsible to maintain and operate wastewater treatment facilities and equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct sampling and testing of wastewater.
- Perform routine system equipment and performance to ensure that pumps, conveyors, blowers, chlorinators, vacuum equipment and other waste water treatment equipment are functioning properly.
- Document and record operational data.
- Check and adjust controls and equipment as necessary as well as assist with repairs.
- Perform routine laboratory analysis and interpret data through application of mathematical calculations.
- Oversee delivery and off-loading of chemicals as well as overseeing chemical inventory.
- Assist with maintaining equipment in a clean and operable condition.
- Assist with the development of standard operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma/GED, wastewater treatment systems operator certification preferred.
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule
- Valid driver’s license and required insurance
- Some knowledge of plant and functionality
- experience in wastewater treatment systems and operations preferred
- Knowledge of wastewater regulatory programs
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements and systems
- Good Communication skills in English
- Good Math skills
- Ability to follow procedures, work instructions and safety/environmental rules and regulations
- Ability to work on a team and learn enough processes to become more independent
- Proficient in MS Office
Work may be performed under extreme weather conditions including hot and cold ambient temperatures. Incumbent will be required to travel between various buildings and work in plant environment where there are moderate noise levels. Employee would be expected to wear appropriate personal protective equipment for each location and/or task.
- While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to bend, lift, walk, or carry equipment. Employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.