Summary: Responsible for maintenance and repair of all underground pressurized water piping systems for Eastman Business Park and Transmission Mains.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintenance of all underground pressurized water piping systems (Fire Mains, Industrial Water System, Drinking Water System).
- Perform and oversee hired contractors on all emergency repairs, maintenance repairs, and any water utility disconnects related to demolition or property change of ownership.
- Respond to trouble calls/emergencies
- Perform preventative maintenance on fire hydrants, fire valves and Ross valves.
- Required to perform testing of fire pumps.
- Continual surveillance of water system to check for leaks.
- Preventative maintenance on water system to prevent leaks and potential interruption of water flow to park.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma/GED.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints/AutoCAD drawings including but not limited to underground water, sewer, electric and gas
- Strong familiarity with Dig Safely NY
- Adhere to all specifications and requirements related to water, firewater, and drinking water mains.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn OSHA requirements including but not limited to Trenching and Shoring, Asbestos Awareness, Confined Space Entry, Hazwoper, etc.
- Ability to obtain NYSDOH Grade D certification within 16 months
- Ability to obtain NYSDOH Backflow Preventer Testers certification within 16 months.
- Clean and valid drivers’ license.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to follow procedures, work instructions and safety/environmental rules and regulations
- Demonstrated trouble-shooting skills
- Industrial environment
- Working outside in all weather conditions including down in trench dig holes
- Possibility of temperatures ranging from extreme cold to over 100 degrees.
- Position requires strenuous effort, climbing, and crawling to accomplish equipment isolation and movement of material.
- Lifting and carrying of a variety of equipment weighing up to 50 lbs is sometimes necessary along with moving large valves and piping weighing more than 50 lbs.
- Potential to enter manholes underground (Confined Spaces) and the Utilities tunnels.