Summary: Supports the operation and maintenance of large refrigeration systems and a variety of utilities distribution systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of refrigeration systems and equipment supporting the EBP complex.
- Handles maintenance duties throughout the plant including but not limited to unit/plant cleanup, refrigerant handling, leak checking/repair, and other repair work on pumps.
- Equipment and system calibration using various meters and instruments.
- Filter changes (including but not limited to HVAC, instrument air systems, refrigerant dryers, etc.)
- Provide backup support as needed for shift operations, distribution systems, high purity water plant and water treatment plant (Lake Station).
- Ensure that appropriate recordkeeping for numerous governmental agencies is up to date and accurate (i.e. DEC, EPA, etc.)
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma/GED, experience with or knowledge of refrigeration system, steam turbines helpful.
- Must obtain the EPA universal refrigerant handling certification within a 12 month period.
- Must obtain the Powered Industrial Truck licenses for fork truck, power walkie truck, man lift and scissor lift within 12 months.
- Must obtain the NYS DEC pesticide 7G certification for chemical treatment within 12 months.
- Must obtain the NYS DOH GradeD certification for chemical treatment within 12 months.
- Must obtain the City of Rochester Refrigeration R-4 license within 24 months.
- Must obtain the City of Rochester Stationary Engineer’s S-3 license within 24 months.
- Must have valid drivers’ license and proof of insurance.
- Good Communication skills in English
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to follow procedures, work instructions and safety/environmental rules and regulations
- Ability to learn DCS (distribution control system), “Provox” and Delta-V for shift operations support
- Demonstrated trouble shooting skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Industrial Environment
- Working outside in all weather conditions from street level to rooftops
- working inside in extreme conditions from basements to rooftops and above including inspections of cooling towers
- Possibility of temperatures ranging from extreme cold to over 100 degrees
- Work will take place in chemical areas, noisy areas and areas that may be very dirty. Also will be operating heavy-duty machinery and vehicles including, Booklifts (Manlifts), scissors lifts, fork trucks and power-walkie trucks.
- Position requires strenuous effort, climbing, stair climbing, and crawling to accomplish equipment isolation and movement of material.
- Lifting and carrying of a variety of equipment weighing up to 50 lbs is sometimes necessary along with moving refrigeration cylinders and chemical drums weighing more than 50 lbs.
- Potential to enter manholes underground (Confined spaces) and the Utilities tunnels.