This position is within the Refrigeration-Water area of RED-Rochester which operates and maintains a fleet of large, steam driven chillers, an industrial process water treatment plant and the utilities distribution systems throughout Eastman Business Park.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the effective planning, scheduling and execution of all maintenance work in Refrigeration-Water area of RED-Rochester, through the efficient planning and scheduling of resources to conduct maintenance activities, resulting in minimum downtime and maximum productivity.
- Review maintenance work to be performed and develop job plans, define parts and material requirements, identify skills needed and engage the proper resources to develop a safe, effective and efficient work control plan.
- Coordinate ”day to day” work requests.
- Reviews plans for accuracy and clarity: clear scope of work, realistic completion date, proper lead times, correct equipment identification, proper authorization, and discuss details with all applicable parties.
- Manage work priority and effectively communicate changes as necessary throughout organization.
- Coordinate material needs & services including procurement of parts and services and verifying all materials, information, tools and labor are available prior to scheduling.
- Develop project scope documents to obtain quotes for services/parts and then provide information to Purchasing for purchase order creation.
- Track and verify purchase order spend and communicate accruals to accounting as necessary.
Maintain system for tracking work progress.
- Coordinate annual, semi-annual and quarterly preventative maintenance projects and all planned equipment shutdowns.
- Communicates with contracted resources to ensure details of work are clearly communicated and understood.
Assist with department budget preparation.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associates degree in an electrical or mechanical field, electrical/mechanical skilled-trades apprenticeship, and/or related work experience is preferred.
- General understanding of industrial standards and codes
- Strong knowledge of safety requirements
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an industrial/power plant setting in a skilled trades planning role.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to learn various industrial software applications (Maximo, CompliantPro), becoming proficient with its use.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent Communication skills in English
- Demonstrated trouble shooting skills
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvements and assist to implement them
- Good multi-tasking abilities
- Valid US. Driver’s license and required insurance