Summary: Responsible for maintenance and repairs of industrial mechanical equipment associated with the utilities plants including rotating equipment such as turbines, air compressors, etc. This position is a non-exempt hourly-paid position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with a wide variety of hand tools, power tools and precision tools, construct, repair, assemble and dismantle mechanical equipment including but not limited to air compressors, turbo generators, steam turbines, pumps, motors, motor drives, chillers, blowers, conveyors and gear boxes
- Responsible for lubrication of machinery, bearing replacement, seal replacement, replacement or repair of equipment and cleaning of parts and structures during an overhaul and preventative maintenance of equipment
- Use of hoists, pulleys, dollies, rollers, trucks, overhead cranes and rigging, lathes, shop equipment
- Ability to construct, assemble, repair and dismantle machinery and equipment using tools such as: hammers, wrenches, crowbars, rollers, dollies, hoists and other hand tools, alignment equipment, diagnostic equipment, etc.
- Potential to work with equipment such as boom lifts, scissor lifts, forklifts and power walkies
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma/GED or trade school training
- Understanding of fluid mechanics and lubrication properties
- Ability to understand schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans
- Valid driver’s license
- Good communication skills in English
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Ability to follow procedures, work instructions and safety/environmental rules and regulations
- Good math skills
- Demonstrated trouble shooting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to read and understand prints and drawings that pertain to all systems
- Industrial environment/power plant/treatment plant atmosphere
- Working outside in all weather conditions from street level to roof tops.
- Possibility of temperatures ranging from extreme cold to over 100 degrees.
- Work will take place in chemical areas, noisy areas and areas that may be very dirty
- Position requires strenuous effort, climbing, stair climbing, and crawling to accomplish equipment isolation and movement of material
- Lifting and carrying of a variety of equipment weighing up to 50 lbs is sometimes necessary